Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dexter Louise Cryderman


This is by far the weirdest cat we have ever owned in our life, actually I think she owns us.
She thinks she is the Queen of everything and everyone. When I first found Dexter I was far away and I thought she was a cougar. So I did what most teenagers would do and screamed bloody murder. Then I realized it was a cat. So ignoring what my parents have always told me "never touch animals that you don't know" I went right up to that cat and picked it up. I hid it under a blanket and took it inside. Which now I regret, because my mother was not happy. We named her Dexter, but then realized she was a girl so quickly gave her the middle name Louise. Dexter started getting the privileges of staying inside and getting fed. I think we should have stopped there, But no we then started letting her into my bed. Now when I go to get into my bed and lay down, I can't. Why? Its because that cat is sprawled out all over the bed. And when I get up there she gives me the look that says "Oh, you're going to invade my space are you.?" When I get to the bed first I will hear a meow at the end of my ladder, which usually means "can I please come up?" and I have to actually call down and say "fine, come up" or else she will leave. Once she is in my bed all she wants is for someone to pet her, and who is that someone? Me of course! If I stop petting her she will gently bite my hand which means "ummm why are you stopping?" and in the mourning I will usually find her perched on my head. She is the weirdest cat, but I still love her a lot!

2 comments:

mrc-w said...

Haha, I love cats with snooty attitudes like that :)

Karaeleanor said...

haha, that's funny! kinda reminds me of buddy! :)
kara